Texas executes man for killing his 3 children in house fire

Texas on Wednesday executed a 36-year-old man, Raphael Holiday, convicted of killing his daughter and two stepdaughters in a mobile home blaze in 2000. He was put to death by lethal injection at the state's death chamber in Huntsville and pronounced dead at 8:30 p.m., a prisons official said.
He became the 531st inmate executed by Texas since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976, the most of any state.

"Yes, I would like to thank all of my supporters and loved ones," he was quoted by prison officials as saying in his last statement.
"I love you, Love y'all, always going to be with y'all. Thank you Warden," he said.
Holiday was convicted of killing Tierra Lynch, 7; Jasmine DuPaul, 5; and Justice Holiday, 1, in a rural community about 160 km northwest of Houston.

He had been living with Tami Wilkerson, his common law wife at the time, until she secured a restraining order against him for sexually assaulting Tierra, according to the Texas attorney general's office.

About six months later, Holiday, who had attempted to reconcile with Wilkerson, returned to the house and forced the girls' grandmother at gunpoint to douse the home with gasoline, which he ignited, it said. The grandmother survived.

After watching the blaze, he fled the scene in a vehicle and was caught after a high-speed chase with police. The bodies of the three girls were later found huddled together in the charred remains of the home, the office said.

The U.S. Supreme Court denied a request filed by a new lawyer for Holiday, who argued his federally appointed counsel had acted against his wishes and abandoned further rounds of court filings to spare his life.

Those lawyers told their client further appeals were hopeless and they did not want to provide false hopes, court papers showed.

The Supreme Court in June denied a request from Holiday's federally appointed lawyers to put a hold on the execution on grounds that included problems with his trial.

Source: Reuters

Khloe contacts staph from Lamar's bedside

Khloe Kardashian who is promoting her book titled, 'Strong Looks Better Naked' cancelled her book tour on Wednesday to undergo a series of tests after falling ill following the time she spent taking care of Lamar Odom. She took to tweeter to  say she was sick and apologized for canceling her book signing. She said:

Now reports have emerged that she contacted staph infection during the weeks she spent in the hospital tending to her estranged Husband Lamar.
According to TMZ, she has a lesion on her leg which became painful and she later developed other symptoms including a high fever and swollen glands. She has been given a course in antibiotics. 

Boko Haram has now been ranked ahead of ISIS for deadliest terror group

As much of the world remains focused on the Islamic State and its horrific attacks in Paris, another radical band of extremists has, by one account, captured the infamous title of the world’s deadliest terrorist group: Boko Haram.
Boko Haram, the militant group that has tortured Nigeria and its neighbors for years, was responsible for 6,664 deaths last year, more than any other terrorist group in the world, including the Islamic State, which killed 6,073 people in 2014, according to a report released Wednesday tracking terrorist attacks globally.

The death toll in Nigeria mounted on Wednesday, with a bombing in Kano State in northern Nigeria, not even a full day after Boko Haram was suspected in an explosion that killed and injured dozens in another nearby region.

In Kano, the authorities said that two female suicide bombers detonated vests at a cellphone market at about 4 p.m., killing at least 12 people and wounding dozens. Witnesses and Red Cross officials said that as many as 50 or 60 people died, though the number could not be independently confirmed. Officials accused Boko Haram in the attacks.
In a statement Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari called for Nigerians to stay vigilant, saying that even his recently intensified military operation against Boko Haram could not prevent every attack.
“President Buhari reassures Nigerians that his administration is very much determined to wipe out Boko Haram in Nigeria and bring all perpetrators of these heinous crimes against humanity to justice,” the release said.
Pres. Buhari, who took office in May, ran on a platform of eliminating Boko Haram, which he has pledged to do by the end of December, as well as cutting back on corruption that has dogged the nation.
This week, Pres. Buhari accused the previous administration’s national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki, of pocketing more than $2 billion that had been allocated for warplanes, helicopters and other military gear to fight Boko Haram. Mr. Dasuki has denied the allegations.
Pres. Buhari has announced recent victories against Boko Haram, including seizing bomb-making materials and winning battles in the forest.
But still the bombings have come at a rapid clip in recent weeks, bringing death to a food market in Kano, areas of Niger and Cameroon and a village in Chad, prompting officials to call a state of emergency there.
Boko Haram has pledged its allegiance to the Islamic State, but it is unclear what support the group is giving Boko Haram beyond assisting with publicity.
The report released Wednesday, from the Institute of Economics & Peace, said the Islamic State and Boko Haram were responsible for half of all global deaths attributed to terrorism.
Last year, the deaths attributed to Boko Haram alone increased by more than 300 percent, the report said.
The report found a drastic increase in terrorist attacks last year, with the majority occurring in three countries: Iraq, Syria and Nigeria, where other militant groups besides Boko Haram operate.
“In Nigeria, private citizens are overwhelmingly targeted, most often with firearms resulting in very high levels of deaths per attack,” according to the report.
Security experts, regional authorities and Western military officials have credited Pres. Buhari’s renewed push against Boko Haram for scattering the group, which gained notoriety in the United States when it kidnapped scores of schoolgirls and seized entire towns in northern Nigeria.
They say the string of recent attacks on various public places is evidence that the group is grasping to gain real ground and is no longer as capable of holding territory. Still, attacks in crowded spots like schools and markets, long a staple of Boko Haram’s mayhem, can be extremely deadly.
This is the third year the economics and peace institute has released its Global Terrorism Index, a study of terrorist activity around the world. The index is based on data collected as part of a program run by the University of Maryland dedicated to the study of terrorism around the world.
In Cameroon, the report said Boko Haram had expanded its reach into the country with bombings.
Source: NY Times

Braless Kylie Jenner denies eggs were thrown on stage during in store appearance in Sydney, Australia

There were reports that Kylie and Kendall Jenner had eggs thrown at them while they were in Sydney promoting their clothing line on Tuesday.
Kylie has since denied the incident took place, telling her social media followers there would have been pictures of it. She said:

However, an image of yolk on the curtain has emerged after a woman was reportedly arrested after throwing eggs and tomatoes on that stage.
See egg yolks on the stage..
The promotional appearance in suburban Sydney was very nearly overshadowed by the surprise egging but the Police quickly apprehended and arrested the 30 year old female culprit.

Justice Lambo Akanbi sacked over judicial misconduct

The National Judicial Council, NJC, in a statement it Abuja, said it has directed Justice Lambo Akanbi of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State to, with immediate effect, proceed on compulsory retirement after Pres. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, approved the sack of the justice after the  NJC, found him guilty of judicial misconduct.

The NJC said it had at the meeting, considered various allegations that were levelled against Justice Akanbi by Shell Petroleum Company Nigeria Limited and recommended his sack to the President.

According to the Council, the allegation against the judge was that he “unilaterally appointed Mr. Emeka Nkwo of CYN-JAC (NIG) Ltd., who was not proposed by any of the parties as referee or valuer in Suit Nos FHC/PH/CS/434/2012 and FHC/PH/CS/435/2012.
“He also appointed the same referee or valuer in Suit FHC/PH/CS/25/2003, which is another matter involving one of the parties in the first suit.
“He heard and concluded the case without dealing with the notice of preliminary objection on the jurisdiction of his court.
“He sat on the case in the Federal High Court, Yenegoa in Suit FHC/YNG/CS/30/2013 after a new Judge had been transferred to the state without a fiat from the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.
“The judge also delivered the ruling in suit No FHC/PH/CS/07/2009, four months after final addresses were taken without any cogent reason contrary to the constitutional provisions that judgment should be delivered within a period of 90 days.
“Justice Akanbi also dismissed the application to set aside the report prepared by the valuer, CYN – JAC (NIG) Ltd and later changed the ruling to judgement which prevented the respondent from pursuing the application for stay of proceedings at the Court of Appeal.
“Justice Akanbi also failed to give a copy of his ruling delivered on June 12, 2013 to the complainant until June 28, 2013.
“In the exercise of its constitutional powers, at the same meetings of  November 4 and 5,  2015, council had suspended Justice Akanbi from office before the approval for his compulsory retirement by President Muhammadu Buhari,” read the statement that was signed by the acting Director of Information at the NJC, Mr. Soji Oye.


Honduras Authority detains five Syrians headed to U.S. with stolen Greek passports

Honduran authorities have detained five Syrian nationals who were trying to reach the United States using stolen Greek passports, but there are no signs of any links to last week's attacks in Paris, police said.

The Syrian men were held late on Tuesday in the Honduran capital, Tegucigalpa, on arrival from Costa Rica, and had been planning to head to the border with neighboring Guatemala. The passports had been doctored to replace the photographs with those of the Syrians, police said.

"We received information from (fellow) police services that these five Syrians left Greece and passed through Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and San Jose in Costa Rica before finally reaching Tegucigalpa," said Anibal Baca, spokesman for Honduras' police. "They are normal Syrians."

Coco Austin puts her baby bump on display

Pregnant Coco Austin who is 36 weeks pregnant put her baby bump on display. She talked about how well her pregnancy is going and how she has only added 10 pounds so far. She said:
"Here's another 9 month baby bump pic! I'm really glad about all the choices I've made so far while pregnant.. I've eaten really heathly.. A lot of watermelon and frozen yogurt! I've only gained 10 pounds but was fit before pregnancy.. tight abs proved to keep my tummy from getting super big even though I really didn't care how big I got I was totally ready for this rollercoaster ride even if I gained 100 pounds I was mentally ready. Yoga, Pilates & walking on treadmill were great during this time because its not strenuous. Chanel is the average weight for a girl at #36weeksestimating somewhere in the 5 pound range and still have 4 weeks to go!.."
Another photo after the cut...

Older Posts
© Copyright LATEST ENTERTAINMENT NEWS | Designed By Code Nirvana
Back To Top